Sept 2011: please note that this plugin version is now no longer for sale and will shortly be replaced with version2 – see the news page for updates
This plugin allows you to add additional fields to the standard WordPress Comments Form.
- You can add as many extra comment fields as you like – I’ve set it up with 4 enabled: phone number, age, location and country drop down. You can see these below on the comment form for this page (feel free to test it).
- You can easily change these, delete these or add additional fields – it’s up to you how many you have!
- Additional fields can be hidden or displayed on the comments page. They do not (by default) show on the submitted comments, even after you have approved it. This is because these extra comment fields are hidden comments (like the email field) – if you want to display any of the additional fields, this is easily achieved by modifying the code (instruction on how to do this is included in the files – some knowledge of php required).
- Additional comments fields show in the admin comments section. They do not show in the WordPress dashboard (this functionality is planned for a later release).
- The additional comment fields are not editable in the admin comment edit page (editing functionality is planned for a later release).
- The additional comments fields do not show in the admin email notification – although this can be enabled with a small change in the plugin code (instructions provided).
WordPress Version Compatibility
- Tested and working on WordPress version 3.0 (Dec 2010)
- Tested and working on WordPress version 3.01 (Dec 2010)
- Tested and working on WordPress version 3.02 (Dec 2010)
- Tested and working with WordPress 3.03 (Dec 2010)
- Tested and working with WordPress 3.04 (Jan 1st 2011)
- Tested and working with WordPress 3.05 (Feb 2011) NOTE: see these comments
- CAUTION: WordPress 3.1 / 3.2 – Not Yet Compatible – Update coming soon….. see here for more
Theme & Language Compatibility
- Tested and working on Twentyten theme
- Tested on several custom themes
- Many users have tested on custom themes
- Provided in UK English. Currently no translation file included, however, we’re aware of several other languages in use (including Turkish, German, Swedish)
Plugin Version 1.3 – updated 1st Jan 2011 – screenshots, changelog and installation PDF below.
The plugin was originally written by ideas shower (credit to them). I needed this functionality for a site I was working on and couldn’t get the original code to work. I spent absolutley ages looking around the net but there seemed to be nothing that would do what I wanted! Crazy to think that it’s so hard to add an extra comment field to the WordPress comments form!
I spent a fair while working on the old code in conjunction with another developer. Because of this, I’m not giving it away, I’m asking for a small contribution that will enable me to continue to support the plugin and develop future upgrades and versions.
I am asking people to please respect the fact that I’ve reworked this plugin. Do what you like with it, but do not publish it or make it freely available elsewhere on the net. I hope that’s acceptable to you. If not – please don’t purchase it. See here for full terms & conditions of sale
It works fine in Twentyten and I have also added it to a few other custom themes – so it does work and is easily modifiable with a little bit of HTML / PHP knowledge. If you don’t feel comfortable with modifying the code, I can help you for a small fee to cover my time.
Testimonial From Recent Purchaser
Thanks for the files!
I had it all up and running in 20 minutes!
Thank you very much for the explanation and help.
Everything described in the readme file cleared everything and made it easy to install
Screen shots and install instructions are below
|Buy the plugin and get instant download|
|BASIC plugin – US$15 Instant Download*No UpdatesOne Support Enquiry^||FULL Plugin – US$55 Instant Download*Lifetime updates2 Support Enquiries^|
|PURCHASE DISABLED – NEW VERSION COMING SOON||PURCHASE DISABLED – NEW VERSION COMING SOON|
|One off purchase with no additional updates.^ One installation support enquiry via email during support hours (see contact page). We will help you resolve one specific issue, regardless of the number of emails it takes.||You’re entitled to free lifetime updates whenever an update is available.Updates are generally provided soon after WordPress is updated, and / or when additional features are added (there are several planned and in the works!)^ You also get two installation support enquiries via email during support hours per release version.|
* The download link will be sent to your registered Paypal email address automatically, once your payment transaction has been completed successfully - so make sure the Paypal email address you are using is correct and that you have access to it!
Support enquiries are handled by email and does not include specific installation service. I do want this to work for you too, so once you’ve purchased the plugin, I will help you out as much as I can, in accordance with the plugin type you buy. For a small additional fee, I will provide installation / modification support if required. You can leave a comment below if you’d like further info, or contact me.
Current Version 1.3
If you’ve already bought the plugin with lifetime updates, just drop me a line and I’ll send you the latest version. Future releases will be extended with additional functionality (planned for March 2011). Details on this coming soon.
Screenshots below – and CLICK HERE to open the version1.3 installation instructions (PDF – opens in new window).
Changelog for existing users to check the latest changes:
v1.3 – 1/1/2011
- added ability to use drop downs in comments form fields
- added ability to not display empty comment fields in functions.php
- fixed missing tag in functions.php
- tested with WordPress version 3.04
V1.2 – 21/12/2010:
- Fixed issue of pending comments displaying as anonymous
- Added additional instruction (see line 369 below) to enable adding comments to admin email
- Updated Readme file
- updated admin plugin options page
v1.1: Dec 2010
- Tested and working fine in Twentyten theme. You may need to modify some parts of your files to fit any other theme – it’s relatively easy – read the install instructions for more!
- Changed variables in plugin file to remove hard coded field reference
- added multiple field capability (added the fields)
v1 July 2010: initial redevelopment script
PURCHASE DISABLED – NEW VERSION COMING SOON